Wednesday 18 January 2017

"Yet Another Puzzle Game" completed and free to download!

I may or may not have spent the past two days working on a fairly tiny side project, which I've decided to name "Yet Another Puzzle Game". A screenshot of the player character is pictured below.


I will, of course, get back to work on Spiderman in the Rhineland at some point, but breaking the monotony was exciting and way more fun than it had any right to be.

Additionally, it feels hella good to actually release something, no matter how small it is.

This game takes approximately 3 minutes to complete, and isn't really a puzzle game. Technically, there is a puzzle(or a heavily edited voice clip of me saying the word), but that's all.

I think that the main take away from this game is the art style and animation, both of which I'm probably more proud of than I should be given all in all it took me about 3 hours to create the character and corresponding animations. To my defence, this is using texture atlases instead of spritesheets, so part of those 3 hours was learning how to best use those.

Download

This link will take you to the itch.io page, from which you can download this game for free for any of Windows, macOS or Linux.

Enjoy!!

No comments :

Post a Comment