Wednesday 8 February 2017

Banality

It's been a while(approximately 5 days) since my last one of these!

I've been continuing to work on Banality. It's going to be very slightly longer than Homogeny, and I expect the third in the series is going to be longer still.

Here's a screenshot!


To give the fine readers of my blog a small hint, this is not a screen that you want to see.

Either way, I'm slowly getting better at using GIMP to create assets, as shown by the sick-as-hell little pulley thing in the screenshot above.

I'm more happy with the way that this game is going than I was with Homogeny. Homogeny was fine for what it was, though the UI could have done with some improvement, and I think it could have been a little bit more visually interesting.

While Banality isn't much more visually interesting, it is somewhat more polished, and does not suffer from the same UI issue as its predecessor. This is because there isn't actually any UI. Sorry.

Regardless, stay tuned for more soon. The whole game should be done in about a week. It is not a large project.

In any case, if you have done, thanks for reading!

P.S. I'm in the process of writing the explanation post for Homogeny's existence. I'm not sure how long it will take me, I need to make sure this expresses why I made it as accurately as possible.

No comments :

Post a Comment